Diversified Regional Economy
Manufacturing, healthcare, retail, service and government centers are all represented within close proximity. This area experiences a consistent steady growth within many sectors of the regional economy. An emerging sector for our region is entrepreneurial development and a burgeoning tech market, which is supported by regional educational focus and business development within the tech community.
The Cape Girardeau Region offers a competitive and complete range of transportation services. Coupled with the areas central location in the United States, this makes our region one of the nation’s most cost-effective places for sending and receiving goods.
Here is a glance at the advantages:
- Multiple motor freight carriers and trucking terminals in the immediate area
- Critical placement on Interstate 55, as well as close proximity to Interstates 57 and 24
- River port access to all five modes of transportation at the Southeast Missouri Regional Port Authority
- Two major rail systems serve the Cape Girardeau region, including Burlington Northern-Santa Fe Railway (BNSF) and Union Pacific Railroad (UP). The Port Authority also operates the SEMO Port Railroad (SE)
- Cape Girardeau Regional Airport offers daily flights to Chicago and also provides air charter and air transportation services
For a more detailed breakdown of our transportation system, click here.
A Region Built By Business
The business community within the region is dedicated to their business success, interconnected to overcome business challenges collectively and willing to provide additional opportunities for their business neighbors.